Monday, March 14, 2011

Where do I fit in??

I'm starting to really believe the phrase "When they made you they broke the mold"

It just seems that I never really fit in anywhere. Other people seem to have hit their stride, or be where God has called them, or in a family to which they love and loves them-- and I feel like I'm always pushing my way into people's lives. I'm always the one calling. I'm always the one giving. I'm always the one saying "HEY...I'm here... want to hand out...I'll do anything for you to like me a little!".

Why is that? Anyone that knows me will tell you I DO NOT have a self confidence issue. I love to help people when they are down. I'm organized. and yet...it seems like I was made for something and I just haven't found it yet.

I can't be involved with ANYTHING for more than 5 minutes before I have the urge to jump in and lead it. I can't help it. It's apart of my DNA. I have learned to fight the urge to jump in and start volunteering to help, or lead everything I can-- but the urge is still there, under the surface lurking.

In a personality test it said I'm a "Motivating Director"-- ok Lord. You made me this way. Where the heck do you want to use me? Am I doing what you wanted me to do? Am I supposed to have this job such that I can afford to support the missionaries doing your work?

I think I'd LOVE to be a wedding coordinator, similar to Jenifer Lopez in "The wedding planner" aside from the single looking for a guy. But then I have children and weekend/summer work wouldn't be the best for my family life. And how the heck do you start off learning to do this so you can do it well??? You'd probably have to be in a big city is my guess like New York...

Ok Lord. Why don't I seem to fit in? Where is it you want me to be so I feel like I fit????

1 comment:

  1. I've often thought that I wanted to be a wedding coordinator too! Future family business? ;-)

    ReplyDelete