- When you are overweight you are more tired more of the time.
- When you don't exercise, you don't sleep well.
- When you don't sleep well, you're body craves energy- mine? Usually sugar.
- Sugar gives you a quick boost, then drags you down- and makes you gain weight.
- I work full time and have 4 kids at home. Thus time is at a premium.
Beyond that- there are no excuses. How do you find that "motivation" or "umph" ? My bloodwork revealed that I was deficient in many vitamins including Vitamin D and B12.
There are no guarantees of tomorrows. Every day I spent overweight I miss golden opportunities to enjoy life more. To run with my kids. To go biking. To walk up the stairs and not be out of breath. To sleep well.
I not only want to add quality to my life, but FUN.
So- if I can't motivate myself to get my workouts done- I'm going to pay someone who will. I've hired a personal trainer at our YMCA. I bought a lot of sessions and there was a special deal so it was like $30/hr. Yes it's still a lot of money for something that I 'should' be able to do myself; however, it's cheaper than surgery. It's healthier than diet pills. And--- although I'm sure I'll curse my trainer a few times, it will be more fun and fulfilling than just doing it on my own.
Here's my motivation:
- I want to not be plus size anymore. I want to never shop at lane bryant again.
- I want to be physically active with my husband and kids. Hiking, biking, roller blading, skiing, etc. I don't want to just watch or that my knees can't handle it.
- Mexico/Swimsuits. We're going to Mexico after Christmas and I want to get all new clothes and swimsuits!
- I want to run a 5k. I want to be able to jog/run the whole thing without stopping. Right now, I can't do .3 miles without walking.
There you have it. I did my assement on 5/14 and I start my first session on 5/19 at 5am... ACK....
prayers appreciated. :)