Monday, January 11, 2010

So proud...and discouraged

I have to say that I'm so proud of all my friends who are making getting in shape and losing weight their goals right now. Guys and girls alike are hitting the gym and losing the pounds. Something I long to do. You all encourage and discourage me at the same time. I'm so proud of all of you- and yet...it just makes it that much harder for me. Selfish I know. Yes I know I'm pregnant. But I'm still overweight. I'm trying to keep my weight gain to a minimum- ok not really trying- but haven't had to yet as I was so sick for the first few months. Now I have to try. I'm just so tired all the time and I know my body goes after food to feed the baby, and give me the energy I need just to function each day. I'm so ready to have my body back for just me. No pregnancy. No nursing. And able to focus on what I want to eat, not what the baby will allow me to eat- or keep down I should say as I'm still sensitive and throwing up on a whim. ick. I'm so excited for this pregnancy, but it seems like it will be forever until I can really focus on me losing weight as all my friends are doing right now. Again so very proud of all of them and I pray for them and their goals- but for this moment...it's personally all very discouraging to me. I'm just going to continue to gain weight- then go without sleep for several months- before I can even begin to think about getting my body back to anything I'm happy to see. Sigh...as I said before..2010 is looking to be a very long year....

2 comments:

  1. I don't know if it is any consolation, but I am right there with you Shamree! At 28 wks pregnant, I'm getting to the point where I am big and uncomfortable...and it is so hard to know that it will be so long until I get to reclaim my body as my own! (Instead of being a host for this new little being to grow off of...) Anyway, just wanted to let you know that you are SO NOT ALONE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love ya honey! Enjoy your pregnancy and the 2 marvelous kids you have. We only have so long to have babies and nurse them...enjoy those moments because they don't last forever!

    ReplyDelete