Monday, March 25, 2013

Whole30, day 17- I cheated!

Alright, I'll come right out and admit it. I cheated. It wasn't a big cheat, just a little one--- but I guess a cheat is still a cheat.

I weighed myself.  This is "strictly" forbidden in the 30 days, but I was dying to know.  They say that they don't care if you lose weight- it's about getting your hormones in balance and making your system healthy. That is great, and I want that too- but I also want to be like the 95% of people surveyed that lost somewhere between 6-15 lbs.  Otherwise, it's hard to keep going, no matter how great you feel. Am I right?

Well... I've lost 5 lbs in 2 weeks.  This may not seem like much as 1-2lbs a week is normal. But here's the kicker.... I haven't worked out much at all and I haven't counted calories once.  The bonuses to me are that I'm sleeping 10x better, and I wake up with energy that lasts all day. I don't get my 10am slump, or 2pm "I can't keep my eyes open, where's my coffee" dip either.

Now that I don't have those horrible headaches (sugar withdrawals I"m sure) and am sleeping better, I'm going to spend the next 13 days working out 3-4 times a week. This is what I'd expect to do normally, but starting this new way of eating took a lot of effort to get going and I just didn't have it in me to work out a lot.

I'm starting to think long term here. My kids are eating great. My husband is eating, but still a little grumpy about not having his bread.  I wonder if we'll be a gluten free household? I miss dairy the most, oh and sugar.  However, we might be going to almond milk for the kiddos. Really we've been drinking a whole lot more water as a family and my kids haven't even mentioned yogurt in a long time.  I think Josh and I miss cheese the most.  We might bring that back in, but then what do you put cheese on the most? Bread.... and it goes downhill from there.

Needless to say it will take some more time to debate--- but this is the kick start I needed to get eating better and moving to lose weight and still have energy left over.  That was the biggest challenge for me. Just not having energy for anything, let alone working out. Now I have that---- and I have no more excuses!

No comments:

Post a Comment