Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Whole30, just another fad diet?

I've had several people talk to me about my new "diet" that I am on. First and foremost I want to set the record straight that it's not a fad diet. It's a way of life, a way of eating healthy forever. It's not just a 30 day and go back to your normal routine. It's being aware of the food you eat and how it affects your body.  A lot of people do this for life. I'm just not sure we'll be one of them, yet.

That being said, the "kick off" to this new life style is 30 days. It's a challenge, and who doesn't love a challenge? It's a change and does seem like a fad diet in that sense. This 30 days is about resetting your hormones so they work the way they should so you can process your foods, lose weight, feel full and be very healthy in doing it--- not just eating juiced carrots for a week or something crazy. This is why it is approved for kids and adults a like. It's not dieting. It's a new way of eating and looking at your food.

How you choose to incorporate it to your daily life after the 30 days is up to you.  Will you continue to be dairy free? Will you stay gluten free? Will you only buy organic veggies and "all natural" meats?  Maybe. It depends on how those food affect your body once you slowly re-introduce them.

We made yummy pancakes this morning the kids just devoured. They were totally yummy, all natural, free of all sugar, etc. If I can feed myself and my kids things like that and know it's making them healthier, and full--- I'm all for it.

What wouldn't you give to reduce your risk of cancer, depression, ADHD, etc by only changing your food habbits?

No comments:

Post a Comment