Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Whole30 with kids, day 11, a turned corner?

WAHOO.... We are 1/3 of the way through the program and I feel like we have turned a small corner. Maybe it's more of a curve than a corner, but none-the-less I feel a change.


I had around 7 hours of sleep last night and woke up easily in about 5 minutes. No fog. No "Is it 7am already!?!?!". I worked out hard yesterday and I'm sore, but not can't move sore.

My sugar cravings are going down. I still have them but they are less strong, and fewer in number.

Our 2 year old is eating 75% of what we give him now. Either he's given up asking for Cheeze Its and Goldfish, or he's just really hungry.  Our 6 year old keeps asking "when will this be over? I want ice cream". Our 4 year old wants McDonald's french fries.

However, they are eating a lot more than they used to.  The cooking is getting faster as we make recipes for the second or third time. The shopping is faster, and not quite as expensive as that first trip by far.

My 4 year old has ADHD, we are pretty sure, but since they don't diagnose it until at least 5 or 6 yrs old it's not official.  I haven't seen a huge change in his behavior yet.  I read that it helps calm that down and allow them to focus more, but that is yet to be seen.  However, he is eating like a rock star. He had 6 meatballs for lunch with carrots and celery and cubed ham meat and apple and a muffin for lunch the other day.  We also found out that he loves grapefruit.

The meatballs are from the Everyday Paleo cookbook. It has ground beef, ground pork, carrots, spinach, garlic, onion, spices and homemade ketchup on top.  They are fabulous!  We actually made a double batch this weekend so we could have them for lunches this week.

We also found a great "breaded" chicken tender recipe for the kids we serve with homemade ranch that they love.

Overall it's going a lot better.  Again, I don't feel like superman and haven't lost a dress size or anything- but just getting up and feeling awake and having energy through the whole day and not relying on caffeine and sugar is fantastic.  Plus I know I'm feeding my family really good food.

We will for sure be making some of these changes life changes....  just not sure which ones yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment